Saturday, August 14, 2010

My 14th Feb......

14th Feb,2010                                              Sunday

7:30 A.M.
My phone starts ringing with nokia tune in its loudest pitch.Unaware and indifferent.I pushed the green button with the tip of my index finger.
Fortunately,Tanya was one of her kind,the so called earnest-organised-disciplined all-in-one a bit uncommon in today's crowd.
I assigned her the fundamental duty of waking up a khumbhkaran like me daily,making an aeshatic offset of my day with her soothing voice.
My sluggishness had been vanished.
no matter how attractive my bed seemed.
I was meeting her after about 7 months.
She just came Delhi with her family from Jaipur to spend weekend in Delhi with relatives, luckily that was 14th Feb.
I loved her from college and spend more than 3 years with her.
We were to meet at kashmere gate metro station at 11:30 A.M. and it was already 8:30 A.M.
Kashmere gate was choosen primarily due to two reasons.First,it was quite distant from Tanya's home,plus there was a McDonalds in the station premises itself.
One week before,I went to Archies shop and buy a card and a gift for her to give her on V-Day.
To impress my girlfriend,I went for a half an hour long bath and come out looking fresh.
"A loose black T-shirt and a light blue jeans will suit my personality" That were the words used to say by Tanya.
I was looking good as i saw myself in the mirror.I poured half the bottle of Axe deo,Tanya's favourite.Finally half my palms with the wet look hair gel,I styled my hair imitiating Aamir Khan of Taare Zameen Par.
Anxiety was back in my mind and i was totally ready to attack the fish,with my wallet flooding with cash.
I reached Metro Station at 11:15AM with headphones in my ears,a slight smile on my face,a chewing gum in my mouth and a smart walk.I gave my best as look as the coolest guy.
"where are you....??"I messaged her.
"departing from home in five minutes for rajeev chowk metro station"Tanya replied
"5 from home+5 to metro station+10 to kashmere gate.my mind calculated.She would be here in 20 minutes"I said to myself.
Its 11:50 AM and she doesn't came.I called her phone but she didn't respond.
I called her 5 more times but all goes to missed ones.
At last,As i have no options left I called her relatives landline no. to enquire wheather she left home or not.
Her mother pick up the phone and despressingly said "Hello" to me.
I asked for Tanya.
within few seconds I was clear to hear that she was crying.
She said"She died" in bomb blast mid way between home and rajeev chowk metro station.
I disconnected the phone and reached her home.
Her body was there.
I stared at body for 5 minutes and left..

1 comment: